You can quickly warm up your relationship with tip #5: Do something novel this evening.
Why? you ask…
Because science has proven that novelty…taking a risk or trying something new…can trigger the release of dopamine – and, as you know, dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps you feel pleasure.
When you and your partner feel pleasure together, it’s a magical thing!
Take a minute to think about your established routines and familiar joint activities.
Are your routines predictable, a bit boring, or oppressive?
Starting today, take on the challenge to avoid lapsing into the same old thing, and instead…try something new or different.
Here’s what you can expect from shaking things up with novel experiences:
- Feeling better
- More excitement
- Greater confidence
- Deeper fulfillment
- An increased sense of security
- Renewed commitment
- Igniting the love sparks
After dinner, tonight, don’t go down the familiar path of your nightly routine.
Instead, do something new and lean into novelty!
- Playing new music
- Drive to a less familiar part of town and go for a walk together
- Learn a new card game and play it together
- Sign up for an online course like TLC (Transforming Lesbian Couples)
- Find a new and interesting recipe online, go to the grocery store to get the ingredients, and cook it together tomorrow night
- Watch my FREE 30-minute masterclass: The 5 Steps My Lesbian Clients Take to Prevent a Breakup, Reconnect, and Build a Thriving Relationship (Without Wasting Years in Therapy)
Go for it!
Intentionally bringing novelty into your relationship will nourish your desire for self-expansion and couple growth.
Here’s a list of our past Tips to Warm Up Your Relationship