I had the good fortune to go on a vacation to Steamboat Springs, Colorado with my wife last week. We had an amazing time getting away together.
It did us so much good! And I got to thinking about the value that vacations bring to lesbian couples (and all couples).
There are two powerful ways that vacations help…
1. Vacations are good for brain chemistry because they make room for:
- Less stress
- Fewer worries
- More relaxation
- Greater sleep
- More exercise
- Novelty (producing more positive experiences which produces dopamine)
2. Vacations are good for couple chemistry because of more:
- Quality time
All of these experiences create more oxytocin (bonding hormone) which results in much greater connection with your partner.
I encourage YOU to take a vacation soon!
For success, prep for your vacation by:
- Sharing the get-ready tasks
- Setting a positive mindset about your vacation time, partner, and relationship
- Adopting a mindset of adventure, excitement, and rediscovering why your friendship and sizzle
- Embracing a go-with-the-flow attitude
Keep positive memories and feelings alive after you get home:
- Print and frame your favorite photo
- Write the highlights of your trip in a vacation journal
- Reminisce about your favorite or funniest moments on vacation
Vacations are one of the best things that help couples rediscover why they fell in love with each other in the first place.
Are you ready to rekindle your spark and rediscover why you love (and like) your partner?
Discover more blogs!